Application to Pay Filing Fees in Installments
Last Updated: July 31, 2019

11 U.S.C.
Fed. R. Bank. P. 1006(b)

Event: Bankruptcy > Motions/Applications > Pay Filing Fee in Installments

Also see Application to Pay Filing Fee Through the Plan (Chapter 13)

When a Voluntary Petition is filed, an individual/joint debtor may request to pay the filing fees in installments.  This is done by filing an Application to Pay the Filing Fees in Installments.

Note: A Corporation is not allowed to pay the filing fees in installments.

Note:  When filing the case electronically (Bankruptcy > Open a BK Case), type "inst" in the receipt field.  When filing the case via your bankruptcy software, contact your vendor for instructions.

To File Electronically

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Motions/Applications].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Pay Filing Fee in Installments] from the event list.

  5. Select the party filer.

  6. Browse to select the Application (PDF file).

  7. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.