Motion/Stipulation to Substitute Attorney (different firm)
Last Updated: June 25, 2018

11 U.S.C.
Fed. R. Bank. P.

Event: Bankruptcy > Motions/Applications > Substitute Attorney (motion) or Substitute Attorney (stipulation)


Filing Requirements:

  • Motion/Stipulation to Substitute Attorney

  • No Notice required

  • Proposed Order

  • Proof of Service

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Motions/Applications].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Substitute Attorney (motion)] or [Substitute Attorney (stipulation)]from the event list.

  5. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party.

    Note:  The Attorney/Party Association screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.

  6. Browse to select the Motion/Stipulation (.pdf file).

    Note:  Supporting documents and Proof of Service may be added as attachments to this document.

  7. Enter name of new attorney in text box.

  8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.

  9. Electronically file the Proposed Order. Instructions